Wednesday, October 7, 2015

YASAS!  Week 3-Monica MTC
Hey Everyone!!

This week went by so fast!! This week we were given a lot of investigators to teach! So, my companion and I made a goal to stop using notes and flashcards during our lessons. We would just learn it all before hand and teach by the spirit.(To be completely honest I was terrified!) But we tried it the first day and it worked so well!! The spirit was so amazing in that lesson! It was all from the heart and we both loved it! My companion hugged me so tight after that lesson! The next day we wanted to do the same thing but, the lesson was on prayer and it turns out-- it was a harder lesson to memorize...:) But I did it! One thing you need to know is that Greek words can mean several different meanings depending on the accent...so, if you mess up the accent on the word it will mean something else. So, we went into our next lesson and I said my phrase that I was so proud of and smiled. The investigator started laughing so hard and waving his arms indicating baptism and I hadnt said anything on baptism...well, not that i knew of....it turns out i said, `I know the Lord can baptize you. He has baptized me a lot!` (hahahh!). I put the accent at the wrong place. I was trying to say help instead of baptize. It was funny! A few of the elders have made that mistake too but they´ve being mixing up the word marriage instead. We are all trying to learn as many words as we can! 

Conference this week was so good!!! It was such a different experience here in the MTC! All of the talks were just what I needed:) It made the week so much better!! I really liked the talk by Neil F. Mariott. Her talk was about how `It will all work out`. It was just so reassuring to me that `everything will work out!` I love hearing what the apostles have to say! Its always soo good!! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! 

I just wanted to share a scripture that as a district we`ve been thinking about and pondering over this week. Its D&C 24^8. Its good! It really helps me know were I stand with my Heavenly father! We are not alone! He watches over us and knows are struggles! I know that not everything is going to be easy but, as I continue on with faith there will be blessing to come! And I know thats true!! Heavenly father loves all of us!! Coming here to the MTC learning greek has not been easy, but each and everyday I`ve come to love it more and more:) And I feel closer to Him now than I ever did before!! Pray to Him!! He really does listen and answer prayers! I love this gospel so much! What a blessing it is to be apart of this marvelous work! 

I love you all so much!! Take care and Have a fantastic week:)

Love,
Adelfie Ramsay

p.s. 
Tomorrow we are taking the train to Manchester to go finding:) 





No comments: