Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Monica has entered the Preston, England Missionary Training Center for 9 weeks before she goes to Greece for 1.5 years.  Here is her first letter...

KALA
HEY Everyone!

So, this first week has been a major humbling experience for me! The first day i got an amazing companion. Her name is Sister Lehmann and she's German. Im in a group of four sisters in my district. We are all sharing a room. I love all of them. They are so amazing. Im the youngest Sister here. There are 10 people in my district. We are the biggest district here. We only have 45 missionaries here in the MTC. Crazy small MTC! The food here is good. The elders here really eat 2 plate fulls of food. We started language learning on friday. We were told right after our first lesson of learning the language that we would have to teach an investigator on saturday in Greek. Immediately we all panicked..wondering if a day of learning the language would be possible to teach someone. Saturday came and I was so worried about the investigator so I asked my companion if we could pray before we go to teach. She agreed and we quickly prayed and went to go teach. I can honestly say that when we pray to our Heavenly Father He listens. I know that through Him anything and everything is possible. I understood everything that was being said from the investigator. It was an experience i wont ever forget. Rely on the Lord and He will take care of the rest! 
On Saturday it was also my birthday. Everyone sang to me and my MTC president even requested the chef make a cake since I'm the youngest sister missionary here. It was so fun!! 
Sunday I was asked to give the prayer--which meant i had to give it in Greek. No one had been asked yet to give a prayer from our greek district...so, i was sooooo nervous. I hadnt given a prayer in greek before. I gave the prayer and i cant explain how I had the words but I was able to say everything in Greek. It was such a humbling experience for me!! I had only studied greek for two days. I can honestly say the gift of tongues is real. In D&C 29:33 It talks about the gift of tongues. And how through Heavenly Father it is possible. Love that scripture. I also Love Alma 32:21 Where it talks about faith. I've really been focusing on faith this week that I can do this. And i know now that i can!!:) Greek is hard!! It really doesnt come easy. But everyday i can see an improvement:) I really LOVE this gospel! I know its true!!
I love all of you!!
You are all in my prayers!
Adelfie Ramsay

No comments: