Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week 11 Thessaloniki

This week has been really good!! We went to a shop to meet a lady that had been visited by the elders last year. She works at a book shop. She wanted to bind my Greek Book of Mormon with the Doctrine and Covenants for me. We were able to talk with her about her job and her family.  It was so nice! She really likes the missionaries and the way they act around others.
We met with the Koutouri family this week for family home evening. Tasula, the daughter, planned the game and we made cookies and talked about the importance of a prophet. It was a lot of fun!! 
We visited Jennifer this week, who is a member, she isn't doing too well. She has a lot of pain in her legs. She isn't sure what it is...but we are praying for her recovery. We had a lesson with one of our investigators, Nikos and Paraskefi. They are so fun to be around! We talked about prayer and reading the Book of Mormon. Paraskefi said a prayer for the first time. It was a sweetest prayer I have ever heard! :)
One of our other investigators, Milena is wonderful! She is a missionary! She has given us two more referrals. And she has been showing her friends the restoration video. Its amazing! The work in Thess is really progressing!! 
On Saturday my district got together and celebrated Thanksgiving!! It was soo fun! We went to a senior couples house and helped make Thanksgiving food! We also played some games and had a lot of pumpkin pie! It was a lot of fun. Right after our Thanksgiving get together we went to the Stillo Family's house to make dinner for them. We were all cooking together and we made a lot of food. The mom, Maria, kept putting more food on my plate...haha! It reminded me of my mom. She always put food on the missionaries plates!! 
We had a little lesson with them and I also had the chacne to talk to Irene, the daughter, about Personal Progress. I am her young womens teacher. So, I try to help her with it and plan lessons/activities that will count for Personal Progress. After our lesson we were given some fruit. I had never heard of it or seen it before. Its called Kidoni. It looks like a really really big pear...and when you cut it its hard to cut. The texture is like a cocunut in the inside and the taste is sour like a candy. Its good!!! But very interesting!:) 
Irene called us last night telling me she loved the texts we sent her. I send her scripture verses in Greek. And she was so surprised that I was the one sending them. haha! It was kinda funny! I can text in Greek:) 

I love being here! I love being a missionary and working hard! I love the work!! It is definitely not easy!! We ride bikes to lessons and the people usually live an hour away by bike! Thess is big:) But the people are worth every minute!! I love sharing this gospel with everyone!! Especially as Christmas approaches we should share this beautiful message of the restored gospel and how we can be with our Heavenly Father again! What a gift to share:) 
I love you all very much!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!
Love,
Sister Ramsay















No comments: