Sunday, December 13, 2015

Week 12

How is everyone?? Hopefully good! Feeling the Christmas season?:) Its a a little hard here in Thess...but, people are starting to put up some nice lights. The weather is up and down! Some days have been really hot and other days freezing cold!!
This week we did service as a district. We will be going every Tuesday to help the refugees. We went to an old big warehouse and there we met with a few people to sort through all the stuff that had been donated for the refugees. There was sooo much stuff!! This Tuesday we sorted through clothes. I was asssigned with a Greek lady named, Anaa. She is so nice! We looked through piles of clothes together and sorted them and made sure they would be good for the refugees. We were there for three hours sorting. The elders put the clothes in boxes and sorted shoes. They needed a lot of help! Anaa afterwards gave me a big hug and told me she was soo happy to see us come and help. I wish I took a picture of what the warehouse looked like! Its dark, full of dust, and very cold!! But, doing the service made me aware of all the people that really need all the help they can get! So, i'm very grateful for the opportunity to go and serve where I can! 

We as sisters have been asked to plan a Christmas party to bring our cute little branch together. On Wednesday we got together with the senior couple and discussed different games and food items to have at the party.

 We also have a Greek and English class that the Elders teach on wednesdays, but since the district leader had to go to Athens we were asked to teach it. (He usually teaches it.) That was pretty funny! I honestly didn't think I could help someone with Greek. But, it turns out I can:) haha! We went to teach the senior couple Greek. My companion helped translate a Greek childrens book for Elder West. And I helped translate a recipes for Sister West. I can handle recipes! haha! I was surprised with how much I knew. I love reading Greek! I've started to enjoy it a little more than english..but, that doesn't mean I understand all of it. haha! 

So, this week we had planned to find a lady named, Maya. All we knew about her was that she was russian and that sisters had talked to her once. So, we went off on an adventure looking for Maya. We were even told that the address could be wrong. haha. We actually found her after ringing a few different doorbells!! As soon as she saw us she was so happy! Wow! I've never seen someone smile so much for missionaries. We came into her apartment and she started giving us cake and russian chocolates.(Which were actually really good...). We stared talking to her about the Book of Mormon and she said she wanted to know more. Something about us just felt right. We plan to see her next week adn continue seeing her:) 

This week we've had a lot of little miracles happen. We've been able to find people that other missionaries told us were impssible. We were even told that one of the referrals didnt exist. But we still went looking and found him! He actually does exist! hahah! 

On sunday we went white boarding again. Our question on the white board was, "τι σασ φερνιε ευτιχια; "  What makes you happy?
We had people come up and write down what made them happy! We had so many good conversations with people! We also do white boarding by the White building, which is right by the sea front. Families are usually going for a walk with their families during that time. We were able to have a few names and numbers. I love seeing fasmilies want the gospel! I really know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ!! I love it! And I cant wait for Christmas to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ:)

I hope you are all well!
Love you all,
Sister Ramsay




No comments: