Friday, August 29, 2008

George aka the Boss

The kids are still off school, my house is a mess but George has inspired me to blog about him. He is 5, our third child, our LOUD child. He has a lot of personality...in a good way but at times difficult... Here are a couple stories about him and how he makes me smile:
I had some friends over and George was desperate to watch television. I gave in because I always do just so they will leave me alone. He wanted to watch Tom and Jerry cartoons (its the only thing he's interested in). So I looked at my watch and told him his show would be on in 4 minutes to just watch these commercials until the show came on. He then whispered in my ear..."Does your watch answer all your questions?" I smiled.
Just now he called for me and begged me to come upstairs. I was making (burning) a grilled cheese sandwich so I couldn't run up at that second. I kept talking to him though and tried to get him to explain why I needed to come. He wanted me to look at something that he thought was a bug. He said it was orange with spots (I imagined lady bug)? He said he killed it and it popped. Ewww Gross. I said then its dead and I will come and look in a minute. After lunch was served I ran up with George. He kicked open his door and pointed to the area in which the thing was located. I cautiously walked over and asked him to come and point closer to where it was. In front of me was an old mandarin orange that was so old it was shriveled and it indeed had spots on it. The skin would crackle and pop if stepped on. I asked him if he thought it was a bug. He said yes. I said its an old orange and threw it in the trash. Now you understand how disgusting my house truly is!

3 comments:

SwissMiss said...

Thanks, that made me feel better. :-)

mindy said...

Can I get a watch like yours???

Kori said...

So cute! Keep the stories coming!