Sunday, August 17, 2008

bike

George learned to ride his bike today. We've tried before but he wasn't interested before. He was interested a few days ago but I wasn't. So today James' took the training wheels off (in seconds) and he ran along side George in the backyard. Then we all headed down to the park where the flat surfaces were longer. He caught on quickly and a half an hour later he was an old pro.
I remember the neighbor boy teaching me to ride a bike in his backyard. Apparently none of my older brother or sisters or parents were interested in teaching me. No bitterness...at least I learned how!

As we were walking inside George told me that he taught himself and none of us helped him in the slightest...so I'm writing about it now as proof that I was there and ran beside him a little but James did most of the work!

3 comments:

SwissMiss said...

Aw, what a great brothers story. It's one for the memory book.

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

Yea George! It is great to have older brothers...I always wished I had one. Good job James.

mindy said...

Kids are resilient...it's amazing that any of us turned out as well adjusted that we did, don't ya think? Go James!