Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 27 Transfers~Cyprus!







Here I come Cyprus! I'm transferring on Wednesday and going to Larnaca, Cyprus.  I'm very excited for this opportunity to go serve in a new area! I will be in a trio with Sister Bakewell (from England) and Sister Larcher (from my MTC group).

This week we went on Thursday and Friday to Athens for Zone Conference. On the way to Zone Conference I was given a wheelchair in the airport. That was kinda fun! I loved Zone Conference! It was soo good! I learned so much! During Zone Conference I learned two major things. Receiving Light and "becoming a Saint". I really loved learning about light. In D&C 50:24 It says, "That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."  That is our purpose here on earth "to receive light"! I love how when we love others as our Savior loves us, we receive more light. Or when we study the scriptures we receive more light. Or when we obey the commandment, we receive more light. Light= knowledge 
Heavenly Father wants us to receive us much light as we can here on earth so that we can become like Him. 
Becoming a Saint. In Mosiah 3:19 It talks about the natural man being an enemy to God. But what stood out to me wasn't that. For me it was becoming a Saint. I've noticed on my mission we are always asking people to keep commitments and do things to progress. Well, its the same for us. We need to progress. We need to do more. We need to become Saints. But we can only become a Saint through the power of the Atonement. Both the natural man and the Saint need the atonement of Jesus Christ. We cant do this without Him. So, to become a Saint we need to become as a child; Be submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit all things to the Lord, and being obedient. I want to work on "becoming a Saint". I want to do whatever I can in this life to be close to my Savior. I am so grateful for what He has done for me. And I know that He will be by my side helping me along the way. He always has His hands stretched out towards us:)
I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Sister Ramsay

No comments: