Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 26 So...I damaged something...

Hey Everyone!
How is everyone?:)
I hope you are doing well! This week was definitely a challenge for me...
These past two weeks I have had a little pain in my knee from riding my bike. We found out that the bike had some issues...like a hole in the tire and so riding up hills was hard on my knee. So, We decided to bring the bikes into a shop and get them fixed. Last P-day we decided as a district to drive these bike carts. (see picture below) They were sooo fun!!
But I had a lot of pain in my knee...and it started hurting more. That night I was in a lot of pain..so the next few days we decided to take the buses everywhere...so that maybe the knee would stop hurting. Everyday that I used it it got worse and worse. So, I called Sister Heder (President's wife) and told her about the knee and she scheduled me to go see the doctor. On friday in the evening I went into the doctor and she took a look at it and at the time it had turned a little purple at the top of my knee, because of the hematoma. She said that I have a small rupture to my Patella Tendon Hematoma and a strain. She said I was lucky, because if I would have continued biking I would have ruptured it completely and had to have surgery. I am very grateful for the chance I have to be here still. I have bed rest for 2-3days and crutches for 10days. And a brace on my knee. I  wont be able to bike for 2 months. But, all is good:) 
I will be going this coming week to Athens for two days for zone conference. 
Super pumped!
 I know I'm where i'm supposed to be:) I love this work! And I cant wait to get going again! 
I love you all!
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Ramsay





No comments: