Monday, January 26, 2009

calling in sick

We heard from a friend that they were sick so my silly children all got it into their head that they too were sick (although they had no proof such as a fever or cough or anything). So this morning at six I had tears from everyone saying how sick they were with tears running down their faces. Their tummies hurt and oh yeah their throats hurt and their tummies were even bubbling??? Why oh why didn't I believe them????!! So I turned off the alarm and lights and went back to bed because suddenly my tummy felt unwell too. You see my husband is out of town and there is no one to be upset that they have to go off to work while we all stay home. I think in reality only Monica might have felt slightly ill. The other 4 are just enjoying a day off. Pajamas and cereal all day kids! Mom is reading a book!
(On the toilet training front we lasted about a day and a half...better luck next time)

3 comments:

mindy said...

Sometimes we all need to stay in our pajamas and eat cereal--I call it a "mental health" day. I definitely think you did the right thing.

Julie said...

Ha, that is awesome! I actually enjoyed Monday with Jonah home sick, no taking or pick-up....kind of nice :) Hope their tummies are better :)

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

I hope you are all feeling well :) We have "pajama party" days when the kids aren't feeling well. We read books, eat cold cereal, and watch movies. I would rather do that than go to school any day. It sure was great talking to you last week. Thanks for the phone call.