Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 37 Happy are we! Happy are we!

This week we had been asked by President Heder to work on our family history. We were given a booklet and went on family search to look up things to put into the book and ask our families to help us accomplish this! I am very grateful for my family and the opportunity I have to be able to look back and see pictures and stories about them! I am so grateful I got to really learn about my family and where they came from. I really appreciate my family so much more now after being able to read and see what they have gone through to be where my family is now! Families are an amazing gift from God!
This week we had Specialized Training by President and the AP's. It was really good! Elder Kearon from the Area Presidency is coming in June to visit the mission and talk to us missionaries. So that will be pretty neat! We are all really excited about that!
We also got a call from Diletta on saturday telling us how much she loves the Book of Mormon! She told us that she also gave her husband the Turkish Book of Mormon and he loves the Book as well! Now they are both racing through it! Wanting to finish really bad! Diletta told us how "this book really answers my questions!" She was very happy to see how the Book of Mormon was blessing her life. And its a miracle that her husband is reading because he didnt want her to be a "Mormon". He told her it would ruin their relationship. But once he started reading he couldnt stop. And their relationship has grown more together as they both have been reading it together:)
I can testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! It will bless our lives and give us direction! It will answer questions and give us comfort! I know God loves everyone no matter the circumstances! We are all children of God!
Diletta came to church!!:) And the members welcomed her in very friendly! She had told us she had been looking for a religion that not only has all the truth but people in church who care for each other and love each other. As she was greeted and welcomed she had a huge smile on her face! Her English was actually really good! She asked me to help her say "nice to meet you!" It was very cute! One of the members came in and shook her hand and said, "It is so good to see you! You need to do everything you can to be here! And keep on coming! We love you!" And at that moment Diletta started crying and the member held her and hugged tight! It was one of the most sweetest and tender moments I had ever seen!
In the evening we had been worried about a less active member, who we hadnt seen or heard from him in awhile. And as we left our apartment, we saw him! He opened up and talked to us about some of his struggles and it was a real nice moment for us to be able to see the Hand of the Lord. I also invited him to come to church next week since it is going to be District Conference. I told him I will bring a chocolate cake and you bring rice. And his face lit up and he smiled. He used to always bring rice to potluck after church. So, when I asked him he said "yeah...I really do like rice. I will come." hahah

I am so grateful to be here! I love you all!
Have a great week!
Sister Ramsay
P.s we see men cooking lamb and pig a lot outside.....hah




No comments: