Saturday, January 30, 2016

Week 19 Romanian Week

This week we had the wonderful pleasure of teaching a Romanian family. Oh my! My heart really goes out to them! My love for them is so strong! The parents are Maria and Adam. They have 3 girls. Maria (is 4years old), Elisabeta (2years old), and Elena (almost 1). They are so sweet and sooo cute!
The family had a Book of Mormon from the past when they had met with the missionaries once before. We were able to teach the first lesson to them and show them the Jospeh Smith video in Romanian. Maria (the mother) really loved it!! She said she felt something. And she has been reading the Book of Mormon. Its so fun talking to her about the Book of Mormon, because she really understands it. Anyway, the kids are so cute they love pictures of christ adn watching the Joseph Smith video. They went up close to the screen to see it. haha We try to do visual aids in Romanian...like the Plan of Salvation. We drew out a map in Romanian and we've been learning some fun Romanian words to help:)
This Sunday we left our apartment early in the morning to go to their house and help them come to church with all the kids. They MADE IT:) And we were able to give them a tour of the church building and they really loved it! And then we had sacrament together. And I brought some more pictures of Christ and crayons to help the little ones. After sacrament the family had to leave, but they were telling us how much they really felt the spirit and loved coming. 

This week we also had a missionary Broadcast. That was really fun! It was so good. It helped us focus on what was important and what we can do to improve. It was the General authorities giving us instruction on repentance and Baptizing converts. It was so unique having a broadcast so centered on what we do and how we can improve. I really loved what Elder Bednar said about the Holy Ghost. We really cant teach without the spirit. We really are the tool that the spirit works through to touch others. 

I really love being here and working! I love the people so much!! They all mean the world to me! I know God places people in our lives for a reason. I love this gospel and the beautiful blessings it gives me. I love how the gospel is perfect in everyway but, God needs us...imperfect people to do the work. I know that when we do all we can to build up the kingdom of God, God builds us. We grow in a way we never thought possible. 

I love you all sooo much!
Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Ramsay



1 comment:

Kori said...

Aww! That is awesome!! :)