Friday, January 8, 2010

the chicken

I was roasting a lovely chicken for dinner last night and as I was busy preparing the mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots little people flitted in and out of the kitchen. Tim came in and opened the freezer door...a frozen chicken fell out of the freezer (incidentally this often happens to me - I shove and close). He demanded to know who did this - pointing to the chicken on the ground. Of course it was me who did it but instead I asked....Why did you open that? His response was, I wanted to get some fresh air....

6 comments:

Julie said...

ha, what a funny kid. I was a little confused though- was there a chicken in the oven and the freezer??

Julie Ramsay said...

Yes a chicken in the oven and the freezer...I bought 2.

mindy said...

HA! I love your kids. I can't wait to come and spend some quality time soaking in their cleverness. I think I need some fresh air too:)

Jenny said...

I subscribe to the stuff and close method, very effective :)

Meike said...

ha ha.. that is too funny. with a response like that you can't really be mad. :)

ganelle said...

Fresh air surrounding the frozen chicken eh? I would've figured that air in the freezer would be like chicken in the freezer - frozen, not fresh.