Friday, June 6, 2008


Stonehenge versus Avebury
Stonehenge gets a lot of hype but I prefer the small town of Avebury because: you don't have to pay to get in (except parking), you can get up close and personal with the rocks, the stones at Avebury are older (like 1000 years) and you can see interesting people worshipping the stones at Avebury. The gift shop is reasonably priced, there is an old creepy church there as well, a huge man made mound across the street at a white horse on the mountain! Totally better than stonehenge but advertising is everything I guess!
We went to both places today and here is stonehenge outside of the fence and my sister Mindy with the twins. (You aren't really supposed to climb on the rocks...) There are a lot less tourists there!

2 comments:

SwissMiss said...

Looks like you had a nice day for it. Cool rocks.

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

Avebury was my favorite also. It is much more family friendly. Stonehenge is a bit over-rated I think.