Tuesday, October 21, 2008

bedtime routine


What is that? Get to BED! Now!!! I wish I was better at reading to the children and slowing the bedtime routine down but I can't lately. I'm going crazy. So everyone went to bed quickly except my little Tim. Colin put them to bed and he came creaping out because he smelled cookies...well rightly so. So I gave him one and told him to go cuddle in my bed with me so he wouldn't disturb his brother. As I laid by him he looked at me with his big eyes and said...I'm thirsty. So I said...go get a drink out of the toilet (didn't really mean it but he understood me). He ran to the bathroom and looked at me and said...its dark. So I got up and helped him drink from the sink (too lazy to get a sippy cup), then we cuddled back in bed and he looked at me and said...I have to go to the toilet! (Its all mind games) so we rushed back to the bathroom, stripped off his clothes (he was doing a dance), and stripped off his diaper and sat him down...nothing came so I turned on the faucet to give him a clue what he should do and finally a little came. After redressing we laid back down cuddling and exhausted...he looked at me and said, I'm thirsty! So I ran down took more cookies out of the oven and filled up a sippy cup with water and brought it up to him. He looked at it and said this is a little cup (I think the translation would be that this is a yellow winnie the pooh cup and I'm too old for this) I glared and fell asleep next to him. Then I woke up as it was 8:30 and now I'm awake! Off to surf...

2 comments:

mindy said...

Yah, i've never been good at the whole bedtime routine. By the end of the day I am SO done...Now I just tell the kids to make sure and turn the lights off before they go to bed and don't worry about it.

Dori said...

Oh Julie..potty training ugh...forget an eagle scout pin mom's should get a potty training pin.